PUBLIC SPEAKING CONFIDENCE-USING ACTOR'S TECHNIQUE & TRAINING
The following course is designed for students who need to build personal
confidence with public speaking and presentations in any field. The course explores actor's preparation, rehearsal and live performance techniques that can be utilised to improve and enhance the experience for the speaker and their audience. No previous acting or experience is necessary.
This specialist course is tailored to the individual and designed by professional acting coaches and directors with over 25 years worth of industry experience. Taught by qualified tutors who hold postgraduate higher degrees within this field of study and are members of the British Actor’s Union Equity.
Tutors understand the specific needs of the public speaker having successfully coached numerous students, from those that have a fear of speaking publicly, through to students wishing to develop a more effective approach.
• 80+ units
• Theory & Practical
• Assignments with tutor feedback
• Instructional videos
• Exercises tailored to the student
• Asynchronous learning
• Short written assignments
• Practical set acting & presentation exercises
• Specific presentation prep at a student's request
• Optional mock presentations
Work at your own pace in the comfort of your own home, with your own acting coach. Ideal for students who need to build confidence and knowledge before delivering a speech or presentation in front of a live audience. Students can elect to receive assistance with a specific real life presentation alongside tutor set presentation material and assignments. Course is also ideal for students just wishing to explore the subject material and gain personal confidence with public speaking.
• How to prepare for a presentation
• How to positively work with nerves
• How to stay focused and deal with distractions
• How to harness breathing
• How to hold and command an audience's attention
• How to motivate and inspire an audience
• How to speak clearly and with purpose
• How to work with a script & notes
• How to work without a script or written notes
• How to work with mnemonics and key words
• How to use improvisation to assist recovery
• How to work with presentation technology under pressure
• Plus further core units.
Self-paced learning is ideal for students who cannot commit to attending a class or set live training due to work patterns or changing commitments. Due to the nature of the subject material the pressure to be online and ready for video live training is also removed, optional additional video assignments are available depending upon a student's level of personal confidence and preference. Self-pacing allows students to access pre-recorded video materials at their leisure, whilst still having interactive options, monitoring and feedback with their tutor.
The course is ideal from 16 years, with no upper age limit.
Course taught in English - Open to international students.
Access to course content is three months from student’s start date approximate duration for students is six week’s part-time at a comfortable self pace.
( Course Code PSC080 )
£199 ( £175 before Dec 31st 2022 WINTER OFFER )